1. MQG/Michael Miller fabric challenge- Pat (president) expects to receive the fabric this month and to be able to distribute it to members at the April 6th meeting. See imqgblogspot.com, or MQG website, for challenge rules.
2. Group quilt project- Emotions of Cancer, to be raffled off at, and for, the benefit of the Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lakes. 8 finished pieces were shown. (see photo at imqgblogspot.com) Looking good! Please bring your quilted and trimmed 10”x__” piece to the April Meeting. Pat will have only 13 days to put the quilt together and get it back to Lauree. The CRC of the FL’s benefit, “That 70’s Benefit Show” is April 19, 2014. Check their website, www.crcfl.net, or call 607-277-0960 for more information.
3. There was some discussion as to what we will be doing with Starry Night. (See note below.)Kathy Gehring will check on possible downtown Ithaca First Friday locations. Those who did make an 8”x10” quilt with their SN fabrics, in their own quilting style, will be able to show those with SN. It is not too late to make yours, we may not get a venue until May, June or later.
4. Sew dates - waiting for information updates from those checking venues.
5. It was suggested that members check out the Community Arts Partnership (artspartner.org) and consider applying to show your art/quilt in the upcoming Rhythm & Rhyme show. Deadline for applications is March 31, 2014. This is a juried show. Fee: $15.00. Artists must live in Tompkins or contiguous counties.
6. Anya shared helpful insights on the quilt show application process. (Keep trying! It’s worth it!)
7. Members were also encouraged to check 6x6 at Rochester Contemporary Art Center. www.roco6x6.org. All donated art is accepted and offered for sale at $20.00.
8. Once again many beautiful quilts and parts of quilts, were brought in for show & tell. Thank you for sharing!
The meeting ended at 2:30 P.M.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION, FROM NANCY, PROGRAM CO-CHAIR, WAS SHARED WITH ME AFTER OUR MEETING:
Our Starry Night will not be part of the Friends of the Library fundraiser/sale.
They have another quilt that they are raffling off from now through their fall book sale. We will attempt to set up a First Friday showing for “Starry Night” and some smaller works from our group. Next month please bring ideas for how we can use Starry Night to raise funds for IMQG.