IMQG May 3, 2015 Minutes
Change in Leadership! Lauree Myler has stepped down as President, and Kim Stone has moved up from Vice President to President. Cheryl Moore accepted the nomination and was unanimously voted in as Vice President. She will begin serving as VP in August.
1. Open Sewing Day: The guild is having our first Open Sewing Day! HUGE thanks to Naomi and Pat for arranging everything.
WHERE: The Varna Community Center (943 Dryden Road/Rt 366)
WHEN: Saturday June 6th from 9am to 6pm
BRING: Sewing machine and supplies, extension cords, lunch/beverages
WHO: Here is who has signed up so far: Cheryl Moore, Diana Sinton, Nancy Watters, Mari Townsend, Jayne Port, Betty-Ann Juraska, Filomena LaClair, Mary Geri, Marion Tobey, Val Leftwich, Sarah Demo, Pat Merkle, Naomi Ramon, Kim Stone
JOIN US: There’s plenty of room for more folks, so if you want to come just email Kim (email@example.com) and she will add you to the list.
SUPPLIES: So far, Sarah, Pat, Kim and Naomi have volunteered to bring irons, ironing boards, and cutting mats. If anyone else can bring any of these things, let Kim know.
NOTE: OUR JUNE GUILD MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE DURING THIS SEWING DAY. We will break from 12-2 for lunch and the meeting. THERE IS NO GUILD MEETING ON SUNDAY JUNE 7TH!!
2. IMQG Goes to a Quilt Show: Instead of having our June meeting on Sunday, June 7th, many members are planning to attend The Genesee Valley Quilt Fest at the Gordon Field House of the Rochester Institute of Technology (Sunday hours are 9am-4pm). Price is $10 for the day ($8 if you are 65 or older). We can plan carpooling at the Saturday SewIn. Hope to see LOTS of fellow IMQGers there!
3. Blox Made Modern Challenge: The DUE DATE for these is our July 5th meeting. REMINDER---use at least one piece of Roboto fabric, and the finished size of the quilt should be 24” wide by whatever length you choose.
4. IMQG Logo Contest: We have two winners!! Out of the six designs submitted, we decided to combine the entries submitted by Cheryl Moore and Pat Merkle. Thanks to Bonnie Scott for taking charge of this, and thanks to Bonnie and Quilters’ Corner for the prizes.
5. Group Quilt Challenge: After a short discussion we decided to wait until we get more details from National MQG before making design plans.
UPDATE: On May 9th the MQG sent emails to all members, announcing the Michael Miller Fabric Challenge for QuiltCon 2016 in Pasadena. Take a look at the details of the challenge on the MQG website; we will discuss it at our June meeting. Sign up NOW for the free Michael Miller fabric as there is a limited amount.
6. Dyeing Workshop: Instead of a Hilary Gifford workshop we are exploring a workshop run by several of our own guild members. We will try to finalize this at the June meeting.
SHOW and TELL
DON’T FORGET!!! Our June meeting is Saturday, June 6th (12-2) at the Varna Community Center
Upcoming Quilt Shows
-- Genesee Valley Quilt Fest, Gordon Field, RIT—June 5-7
--Bricks and Blocks- Everson Museum, enter by May 1
--AQS QuiltWeek-Syracuse (the Oncenter)—Jul 29-Aug 1
--O’Susanna’s Quilt Show-Watkins Glen—Aug 23
--Juried Modern Quilt Show-Wellsboro, PA—Sep 6-27 enter byJuly 15
--Tompkins County Quilters Guild-TC3 Fieldhouse, Dryden, NY-—Oct 3-4 Enter online by July 28TCQG.org