IMQG July 5, 2015 Minutes
1. Roboto Quilt Raffle: The raffle benefits the Franziska Racker Centers, and Cheryl will have tickets at each meeting until October 15.
2. IMQG Logo Contest: Pat and Kim will be meeting the first week of August to work on the IMQG Logo (finally!).
3. Michael Miller Fabric Challenge: Those who signed up for this should have received a package of Michael Miller fabric in July. Bring your fabrics to the August meeting so we can brainstorm ideas for quilts.
4. TCQG quilt show (Cheryl)—The deadline for entering a quilt in the show is July 28.
5. Purchasing a Quilt Frame (Cheryl)—The Franziska Racker Center will purchase a quilt frame to display Roboto until he is raffled off in October. We will then buy the frame from the Center for $150.00. Cheryl will give us an update on how much moola Roboto has made for the Center (so far) at the August meeting.
6. Dyeing Workshop: On Sunday, August 9th at 11 am, the guild will sponsor a dyeing workshop and Pat, Cheryl and Mari have each volunteered to share their expertise with us. The guild will provide fabric, but there is a supply list below for anyone who attends. Pat has also volunteered to host the workshop at her house, which means we can all (finally!) meet the fabulous Simon in person (or in all his dogness). Directions to her house will be posted online (email, Facebook, blog).
IMPORTANT!! We need a firm list of attendees so we can order supplies. If you are not coming to the August 2nd guild meeting but want to attend the dyeing workshop, email Kim so she can put you on the list. (Elizabeth.email@example.com).
SUPPLIES: Bring the following to the workshop: gloves, lawn chairs, lunch, water wear (shoes to protect from zebra mussels).
WEAR: Clothes you do not mind getting dye-ified.
8. Blox Made Modern Challenge: The Blox that everyone made modern were fabulous! We are thinking of doing a group display at a First Friday event, if we can get a venue for it. We are also exploring displaying them as a group at the Gimme coffee near Quilter’s Corner. You can still contribute a BloxMM if you want, to these events.
9. Making Big Quilts in Small Pieces: Marion Tobey gave a great demo on how she makes bed size quilts in several small pieces. She uses iron-on tape and spray basting in a very clever variation on a quilt-as-you-go technique! This allows her to quilt them on her home machine without wrestling with all the bulk. Thanks for the tip, Marion!
SHOW and TELL
Upcoming Quilt Shows
--Bricks and Blocks- Everson Museum, enter by May 1
--Juried Modern Quilt Show-Wellsboro, PA—Sep 6-27 enter by July 15
--Tompkins County Quilters Guild-TC3 Fieldhouse, Dryden, NY-—Oct 3-4