IMQG MEETING NOTES FEBRUARY 1, 2015
KIM STONE, PRESIDENT OF VICES PRESIDING
- Breach of protocol: Angie R. shows her amazing quilts, leaves to beat the storm
- Technology: some difficulties in accessing all avenues, officers will meet and work out glitches
- IMQG Logo-any ideas to update, modernize (No)
How about a contest-Bonnie S. offers 4 of her beautiful buttons, and maybe more from Guild. Bonnie (Grand Duchess of Contests) offers to be in charge, will roll out details in April.
- To access email addresses of IMQG members, go to IMQG blog
- Assignment: find quilts that look “Modern”, will hold off till April, no projector for use this month. Bring photos, magazines, books, etc. to view and discuss what is modern and why
- April again: blog posting demonstration
- Meeting minutes to be posted soon after meeting to keep all members informed
- DEMONSTRATION BY PAT M.: How to put anything into a quilt (inset). Pat will provide written instructions
- Donating Starry Night to Schweinfurth Art Center, suggest raffle to benefit scholarship fund in memory of Barbara
- Thank you for Quilter’s Corner staff: Lauree purchased gift certificate to Panera, did not present it yet.
- Dues are due ($25) if you have not paid yet, Sarah thinks about 25 members, Sarah will clean up email list for members only
- Retreat at Watson Homestead March 13-15, 2015, $129.60. Contact Bonnie Scott if you are interested
- Retreat at Casowasco Retreat Center March 19-22, cost varies from $166 to $222. Contact Cheryl Moore for More info: email@example.com
- Bonnie Scott: spring clean out sewers (not sewers, those who sew) sale in Odessa, NY. Bonnie will let us know more.
- UPCOMING QUILT SHOWS:
-Modern Quilt Show in Wellsboro PA, Sept. 6-27. Juried show, Entries due by July 15. Check past Facebook posting from Anya for more info.
-O’Susanna’s Quilt Shop show in Watkins Glen in August, Check O’Susanna’s Quilt Shop website for info.
-Tompkins County Quilters Guild Traditions and Beyond Show first weekend in October. Check TCQG.org for more info.
-Other venues for displaying quilts: Quilters Corner, Sarah’s Patisserie, Gimme Coffee, First Fridays in Ithaca.
5. Survey results: Pat will share online
6. QUILT CHALLENGE
BLOX MADE MODERN
Traditional Block made modern
24” horizontal dimension, vertical dimension up to you
Must be quilted by the maker
Must use some fabric from Charity Group Challenge-Cheryl will bring fabric to next meeting-colors are teal, white, light gray, robin’s egg blue, lime green, tiny bit of magenta
Deadline is June 2015
Show and tell to wrap up the meeting