*Michael Moore fabric challenge
- more fabric has arrived, a few members got extra pieces. If you would like a bit more please contact Pat. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- July 25, 2014 is the new deadline for the Michael Miller fabric challenge.
- if you need help taking and posting a photo of your project bring it to the July 6, 2014, meeting
- save your scraps, we may incorporate them into a future guild project
* we now have 39 members
* ideas were shared for a new group project, including a block exchange and a monthly challenge
- a scrap block swap will be the new project, other guild members will make a block from your scraps and return them to you
- Karla will fine tuned the guidelines for us. She expects to email them to each of us by 5-14-14
- sign-up at the June 1, 2014 meeting
Guidelines for the scrap block swap:
You provide a small bag of your scraps of fabric to each of your group members, and each group member creates for you a unique block for your project.
Each group member also will give you a small bag of scraps, and you will make each of them a unique block for their project.
● Groups of 6 or 12 members will be forming, so you can commit to making the number of blocks that fits with your life. (In 6-person groups you commit to making 5 blocks, and in 12-person groups you commit to making 11 blocks.)
● The general deadline will be the December IMQG meeting, but groups can change their deadline by consensus.
● You can sign-up at the June meeting, or you can e-mail me to join a group.
Guidelines for the quilt blocks:
● 12.5” unfinished
● Pieced but not quilted
Guidelines for the bags of fabric:
● Write your name on the outside of the bags
● Depending on your group choice you will be putting together 5 or 11 bags. (Remember to keep some fabric for yourself if you want to add your own block to your project.)
● Each bag will contain at least the equivalent of a fat quarter of fabric
● Include a written note with any special instructions such as:
o Do you want group members to use only the fabrics that you provided in the bag?
o Can a group member add to your fabrics from their own stash?
o Do you want group members to sign their names to the blocks?
* Book show and tell at the June meeting.
- Bring your favorite quilting book to show the group
- bring any quilts made from the book for show & tell
* August 3, 2014 meeting will be held at Pat’s lakeside house
-dish to pass, bring a chair and water shoes
- Pat will share directions (again) at the June meeting